There are many decisions to be taken when talking about funeral arrangements.
The question of burial or cremation is something that none of us ever want to think about but the structure of the funeral is based around the service of committal, and it is important to know the last wishes of the person you are making funeral arrangements for.
Remember to check the deceased’s will or written instructions about their funeral. If there are no clear wishes it is generally up to the executor or nearest surviving relative to make that decision. A funeral can be as personalised or as simple as you would like, befitting to the person who has passed away. The options and services are presented by our professional Funeral Directors, who will advise and assist you to organise the funeral in the most dignified manner.
Types of funeral service
We can offer a bespoke funeral service which can be tailored to the needs of our families.
A bespoke service offers flexibility of choice which can be as individual and unique, or as simplistic to the personality of the person who has passed away.
We offer on request a detailed price list, which is also displayed in our public areas, and in accordance with the National Association of Funeral Directors Code of Practice we will give you an itemised estimate of all funeral charges included payments to 3rd parties, such as the crematorium and minister fees.
The choices to consider are:
- How much to spend on the funeral
- A church service prior to the committal service
- Type of service: religious or non-religious held at the crematorium or cemetery chapel
- Flexibility of preferred date and time for the funeral
- Provision of a motor hearse, motorcycle hearse or horse-drawn hearse
- Reception into home or church on the eve of the funeral
- Number of limousines
- Where the funeral will leave from
- Venue to return to
- Catering services
- Newspaper announcements
- Personalised funeral stationery
- Attendance cards and books of remembrance
- Personalised music choices
- Floral tributes
- Charitable donations
- Choice of coffin or casket
- Whether the deceased is dressed in their own clothes or a choice of nightgowns
- Visits to our private chapels of rest
- Assistance with the final resting place of cremated remains
We have signed the Fair Funeral Pledge and offer a simple service. We offer this to make it easier for a family to arrange a funeral they can afford.
This service includes:
- The provision of Funeral Directors services
- Arranging the funeral
- Conveyance of your loved on into our care from a local address
- Care of your loved one
- Simple oak finished foil coffin
- Motor hearse and pall bearers to meet at a local crematorium or graveside
- Collecting your loved one’s cremated remains from a local crematorium or a provision of a gravemarker for a graveside service
There are a limited number of bespoke items which can be added to this service. These are arranging and attending your loved one’s cremated remains interment or scattering, the provision of a scattertube or cremated remains casket, removal of a family memorial to allow the burial to take place if applicable.